Q. I have oily/combination skin and breakouts sometimes. What are the best skincare steps?
A. A pore becomes clogged because of oil, dead skin cells and everyday dirt, and the untreated clogged pores can lead to blackheads and acne. For oily/combination skin, it’s important to wash off all oil from your face and hydrate your skin with a water-based moisturizer. When your inner skin layer is well hydrated, your skin produces less sebum. Less sebum, better pore control.
- Cleanser - Laneige Multi Deep Clean Cleanser or Mamonde Micro Deep Cleansing Foam
- Exfoliator - Mamonde Aqua Peel Peeling Gel (You can use with Mamonde Pore Clean Blackhead stick 2-3 times a week)
- Toner - Laneige Essential Power Skin Refiner Light or Mamonde Rose Water Toner
- Eye cream & Essence - if it’s necessary.
- Moisturizer - Laneige Essential Balancing Emulsion Light, Mamonde Rose Water Gel Cream or Mamonde Floral Hydro Cream (You can switch gel cream to moisture Cream for winter)
- Sun cream
Q. Is a toner necessary for skincare steps?
A. The toner step can restore PH balance and can help get rid of any remaining waste that might have stayed behind after cleansing (especially after wearing makeup). In this case, the use of cotton pads is a must. The cotton pad is the helping tool that glides the product along the face to not only provide the needed hydration & prepare the skin to absorb the next step better, but also a small exfoliation that will wipe any leftover product.
Q. Do I need an eye cream?
A. The thinnest skin parts of the face are around your eyes and your lips. There are barely any sebum around these areas and more wrinkles show than the other areas. As you get older, your skin naturally becomes less elastic and more fragile. Decreased production of natural oils dries your skin and makes it appear more wrinkled. Fat in the deeper layers of your skin diminishes. This causes loose, saggy skin, wrinkles and dark circles.
Eye cream is an oil based moisturizer, so it helps strengthen the skin's barrier to protect against moisture loss. If your moisturizer is an oil-based wrinkle care product and it keeps your skin moisturized all day, you might not need it, but if you use a hydrating cream (water-based moisturizer), you might need one.
It's good to apply an eye cream around your lips and neck to prevent deep wrinkles.
more coming soon